Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday BGs

September 11th: Boy did we get a special present for our birthday - our first backgrounds from Mindy Lee!

mindy_bgs

Mindy came HIGHLY recommended from Matt. We checked out her blog and found some amazing BGs - but what really fascinated me were her origami and related illustrations (scroll down the above link for awe).

Yep, so us twins was born on 9/11. Here are some other fun facts about that day that you might not know:

1226 - The Catholic practice of perpetual adoration begins. (I don't know what that is, but it sounds ADORABLE.)
911_hamilton1789 - Alexander Hamilton appointed as first Secretary of the Treasury. (That's right - never President. I know this because I saw his picture in my 8th grade textbook and thought he was cute.)
1885 - Birth of D.H. Lawrence, English novelist. (Lady Chatterley is pretty cool.)
1918 - The Boston Red Sox "Curse of the Bambino" begins. (If I gave any cares about basebat games, this might mean something!) 911_fatty
1921 - Motion picture star Fatty Arbuckle is arrested for rape. (FALSELY accused, poor Li'l Fats.)
1940 - Birth of Brian de Palma, American film director. (Our friend's mom kept his house when we were 7; he had an all-blue room & we ran around on his roof.)
1962 - The Beatles record their debut single, Love Me Do. (My husband likes this band.)
911_peewee1981 -The Pee-wee Herman Show airs as a special on HBO. (My golly, this man is a genius.)

Do YOU have a fact to add??!?!

xoxo
Vera

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker